Thursday, March 10, 2016

I love Bangkok!

 Pictures from Chinatown -



Knock off Longchamp purses - small start at $6 if you buy 4!

Have to watch for motorcycles coming down the aisles!


I would like to know what she is slurping up that straw ...literally a bucket full of something! 



A tangled web of electricity!



Missed my stop on the river so got off at the next one! Nice surprise! 
 An evil look on the donation box dude.

OK, it's official, my feet are killing me!

I keep saying everyday I am just going to relax and chill by the pool but I can't do it while I am in this great city!

This morning I took the river taxi to stop #15 THEWET PIER, from there I had planned on walking to Bo Bae Market. On google maps it said it was a 42 minute walk. Not exactly sure where or when I made the wrong turn but an hour and a half later I still was not there. So, I jumped in a taxi and arrived in about ten minutes.  No that I mind getting lost but I did have one thing on my agenda for the day and I was getting hungry!
I spent all afternoon at the market and had a great time just wandering.
Arrived back at the hotel about 5 ish and went for a quick swim to cool off!

 Tabby of the day!

Lunch - had to buy coupons then give them to the stall cook, so I got 100 B worth of coupons - about 4 dollars - bought Pad Thai, one crab stick and one pork stick plus a bottle of water. Still had 50 B left!

D for effort into the dummies hair do's! Rather sinister looking for little girls party clothes!



Made a wrong turn into a dead end alley and it was full of these bird cages!

You want it to be cotton - no problem! Oh, you want polyester - no problem. Same same but different.
My last day in Bangkok! I bandaged up my blisters and off I went. I bought a dress yesterday at the market and liked it so decided to go back and get another one. This time I did not get lost - river boat to #15, walk to main street and catch pink bus 53 right to the front door of Bo Bae Market - all for less than 75 cents.  So, I found the dress stall again  and needless to say bought a few more dresses.  Wandered for a little while and then decided to take a tuk tuk over to the Platinum Mall - it was similar to Bo Bae but a lot more organized and had some different things. This was my first tuk tuk ride the whole time I have been here - they are noisy, smelly and fun. Walked to the BTS and made it back to the hotel in time to go for a swim and have a drink at the pool!

Some of the tuk tuks have nets surrounding the back  - to keep people in? Still no seat belts but the danger and zipping in and out of the traffic is half the fun!

The traffic is just wild and at this point the sidewalk was closed off! 
Miniature cement truck with an underwater scene rotating - nice!

Crossed over to the other side via overhead walkway!

Finally I made it to the pool for a drink and a swim. Mekhong whisky in a mojito - not to be repeated!


Over and Out! 

















No comments:

Post a Comment